- Raw Almonds (Or Your Favorite Raw Nut)
- Dried Cherries (Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Costco)
- Cacao Sweet Nibs or Dark Chocolate Chips 70% Cacao
- Protein and Greens From Paradise Herbs or Warrior Blend Chocolate Flavor From Sun Warrior
- Superseed or Raw Fiber from Garden of Life
- BTW, you could also try peanuts, cashews, walnuts all three when making your bar but I like almonds & raw cashews
- 1.5 to 1.3/4 Cups of Dried Cherry’s is what I use at the road shows and at home(Craisins, Pitted Chopped Dates or Raisins work well too,
- 1.5 to 1.3/4 Cups or a bit more if you like (Vegan Carob Chips, Sweet Cacao Nibs, (I use Semi Sweet Raw Cacao 65% Dark Chocolate Chips at the Road Shows,) Milk Chocolate Chips or Sugar Free Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips) Do Not Use Cocoa Powder or any powders other than what is listed below. The Mixture Will Be To Dry and Vitamix will overheat and shut off Don’t worry it will come on in 20 minutes again :)
- 1/2 to 3/4 Scoop or more depending on how much you make of Super Seed from Garden of Life
- 1/2 Scoop of My Personal Favorite “WARRIOR BLEND” Natural Raw Vegan Protein Powder by Sun Warrior OR…. I just add the ORAC Protein and Greens below,
- OPTIONS:I will sometimes use the ORAC Protein and Greens 0r Ormus Greens From Sun Warrior, these greens will give you a buzz!
- If it is to dry or you did not put the ratios in properly or had to much dry protein, and Garden of Life Superseed add a half teaspoon of Unflavored Coconut oil and it will come to life and mix up just fine.. just turn in on high and MOVE that tamper quickly unit your desired texture
Turn the Vitamix on and off a like 6 times if you have a 5200 on the Variable side at level 5 then slowly increase to 10 on a 6300 or Pro 500 (Switch to High on a 5200) and leave on for a few seconds and allow the ingredients to blend until the motor winds out at a high pitch (10 seconds THEN TURN IT ON HIGH),
Note: Don’t Be Afraid To Work Your Tamper Quickly.. Don’t Watch Your Mixture MOVE IT AROUND, Go ahead it won’t bite you!
Now its time to Quickly and Gently PUSH Hard so the Flange Part of the Tamper goes all the way down (that is the lip at the top of your tamper) and… work it all in the blade, by moving your tamper from corner to corner to corner at a fast past until the desired consistency is reached!
Now its time to find a paper towel or cutting board and turn your container UPSIDE DOWN. If you made it right it should just slide out in a few seconds, if it doesn’t turn the blade gear on the bottom with your fingers that your tasty treat will start to slide out of the container
Now its time to add whatever you like or nothing, as the bar is good to go just as is. You’ll just need to form them in to your favorite shape and size and enjoy your yummy creation..
Add in options at the end after its out of the container either mix in and form a ball or bar design or you can sprinkle your favorite goodie on the top.
- Coconut Shreds Un Sweetened
- Organic Chia Seed Coconut
- Gluten Free Granola
- Hemp Hearts Read About Them etc...
ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) Energy® Protein & Greens is the next generation of superfoods. Just one serving contains 22 grams of protein, the antioxidant power of over 24 servings of fruits and vegetables and a total ORAC score of over 40,000.* It contains 100% natural non-GMO Kosher and Halal certified pea protein isolated without the use of chemical solvents and over 42 certified organic and pesticide free ingredients.
The essential amino acid profile of our pea protein is very close to that of the ideal protein. Other vegetarian sources such as rice or soy can lack in the percentage profile for certain essential amino acids. Our pea protein digestibility of nitrogen has been measured at 97.6%, and has a sustained release transit time of approximately 8 hours, which means it has excellent digestibility and keeps working. We have further enhanced this with the addition of the plant derived enzyme Aminogen®. Research shows Aminogen® to increase branched-chain amino acids by 250%, increase plasma amino acid levels over 100%, increase glutamine levels by 90%, increase arginine levels by 80%, increase nitrogen retention by 32%, promote lean body mass, aid in muscle recovery, and provide less gas, bloating and constipation.*
Label changes from 12,000 ORAC to 40,000 ORAC. Initially ORAC values were based on 1 oxide radical. But now with the new improved industry standard that can test total ORAC values (five oxide radicals), we updated our label to reflect that versus our previous label. Our formula has not changed, but the testing protocol has been upgraded and our product demonstrated over 40,000 total ORAC which is what is now reflected in our updated label. Of course our product is still Lab Certified by Brunswick Labs whom are experts in ORAC testing.
SUPER SEED FROM GARDEN OF LIFE
Super Seed is a powerful whole food formula that is an excellent source of dietary fiber. The ingredients in Super Seed were specifically chosen for their exceptional ability to support and maintain optimal bowel health and function.†
- Excellent source of dietary fiber
- A whole food blend of seeds, sprouted grains, and legumes containing both soluble and insoluble fiber
- Contains ingredients specifically chosen for their ability to support normal gut flora balance, regular bowel function, and overall health †
- Dietary fiber in Super Seed® supports normal cardiovascular health†
- Super Seed provides naturally occurring Omega-3 fatty acids
- The flax in Super Seed supports healthy estrogen metabolism and breast health in women, and supports normal prostate health in men†
- Good source of protein from beans and legumes
- Super Seed does not contain any added sugars or artificial ingredients such as sweeteners, colorings or flavorings, unlike many popular mass market fiber supplements
- Two servings of Super Seed provide nearly 50% of the Daily Value for fiber
- Select ingredients in Super Seed are fermented using Garden of Life’s proprietary Poten-Zyme® process to make nutrients more available to the body
- Most of the fiber in Super Seed is insoluble. Each serving provides 6g of fiber from whole food ingredients
What is dietary fiber?
Fiber is a complex carbohydrate which is found in plants. The body does not digest fiber; instead the fiber component of food passes through the digestive system. There are two types of fiber – soluble and insoluble fiber. Much like it sounds, soluble fiber is fiber that dissolves in water and insoluble fiber is fiber that does not. The best way to get fiber is through a whole food diet of fruits, vegetables, grains, seeds and legumes.
The role fiber plays in a healthy diet became apparent at the turn of the century. Diets previously high in dietary fiber were altered to include the new “wonder foods,” refined sugar and milled flour. The increased use of these foods, which were devoid of dietary fiber, led to a theory that connected a lack of fiber and the overall state of health. Several generations later, up to 100 million Americans experience some form of occasional digestive discomfort.
Super Seed® was formulated to include naturally occurring soluble and insoluble fiber from carefully selected grains, seeds and legumes that are easy on the gastrointestinal system. Super Seed does NOT include psyllium husk, which provides no nutritional value.
|Super Seed®||Psyllium Husk
|Contains multiple sources
Soluble and Insoluble Fiber
|Contains Fermented Whole Foods||Y||N|
|Gentle on the digestive system||Y||N|
|Adds nutritional value||Y||N|
|Contains multiple fiber components
that act as a prebiotic
How does Super Seed® support normal gut flora balance?
Super Seed contains fiber components that act as prebiotics to support normal gut flora balance.†
Why is dietary fiber important?
Vibrant health begins in the colon, and supplying your body with adequate dietary fiber every day is essential to colon function and overall health.†
What makes Super Seed® better than other fiber supplements?
Many other fiber supplements rely on insoluble fiber alone and provide very little in the way of nutrition. Super Seed contains both naturally occurring soluble and insoluble fiber from carefully selected grains, seeds and legumes that are easy on the gastrointestinal system. Additionally, Super Seed contains no psyllium.
Mix 1 scoop with any food or beverage (room temperature or cooler) and consume immediately. Super Seed is a powder blend that can be mixed in smoothies, vegetable or fruit juices, cereal, yogurt or soup. In fact, Super Seed can add nutritional value and fiber to nearly any food or beverage.
Why Add Hemp Hearts?
Hemp Hearts are packed full of protein with 10 grams of plant-based protein per 30 gram serving size. Hemp Hearts are a great way to get an ideal ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3‘s including the rare EFA known as Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA). Testimonials have shown that GLA alone helps with arthritis, joint mobility, eczema, hormonal balance, migraines, menopause in women, healthy cholesterol & blood pressure levels and even weight management.